Six Sweet and Savvy Side Trips In Provence
By Erica and Karen
One of our favorite people, Caroline, is a UK lawyer whose heart and family’s second home resides in Provence, France. She was kind enough to share her secrets. Enjoy!
1. Go to the Saturday market in Fayence. Buy colorful baskets, beautiful scarves, local fruit and vegetables and wonderful olive oil.
2. Take a walk through the quiet streets in the neighboring village of Tourrettes. See the open air art work and have lunch in the tiny square with views over the hills.
3. Le Moulin de la Camandoule is a gem of a restaurant outside Fayence. In summer have lunch by the pool; dinner in the hotel courtyard.
4. Breathtaking walks, spectacular kayaking and rewarding rock climbing (for the more adventurous) may all be found in the Gorge du Verdon.
6. Take a train along the coast from Cannes through Antibes, Nice, Villefranche and Eze to tiny, elegant Monaco and be carried away by the sparkling Mediterranean and fabulous views. You’ll be spoilt for choice as to where to stop!